General, Suppliers, Product, Process, Company,
Primary Information Services
- Chrome oxide is the stable oxide of the chromium,it is a dark
green crystalline powder insoluble in alkalis and acids.
- It is prepared from the mineral Chromite mined in southern
Africa, Asia, Turkey and Cuba.
- As with other coloring agents,
chrome must be milled fine enough to eliminate specking in glass or
- Chrome oxide is bassically employed in raw glazes whereas
potassium dichromate is used in
- From Cr2O3 becomes 2CrO3, oxygen is captured from the
surroundings, the percentage is greater than 100.
- Chrome Oxide Green is an
inorganic pigment whose olive-green color classified as Pigment
Green by the Colour Index System.
- Chrome Oxide Greens are used in a large applications because it
is have excellent opacity, outdoor durability and heat fastness.
- Its hardness is also highly valued for surface finishing, where
Chrome Oxide Greens are used as abrasive components.
- It is also used as a base oxide to produce several metal oxide
- Chromium Oxide is estimated by converting this to chromate and
titrating with potassium permanganate solution after passing the
chromate to react with Ferrous ammonium sulphates solution.
- Chromium oxide
coatings are generally inert, have high mechanical strength,
hardness and good optical characteristics; therefore, it is used in
many applications including corrosion protection wear resistance,
electronics, and optics.
- Cr2O3 is suited for wear
resistance applications, as it is one of the hardest oxides with
29.5 GPa hardness.
- Chrome oxide is non toxic and should not be confused with other
- For this pigment the chrome is in the trivalent form, which is
- It has no apparent toxicological or adverse environmental
- Chromium oxide green is a abrasive pigment which can damage
- Chromium oxide green used in camouflage coatings, because its
excellent fastness properties and its ability to reflect infrared
- Chromium oxide coatings is deposited on
carbon steel by radiofrequency reactive magnetron sputtering at
different oxygen flux values.
- X-ray diffraction, x-ray photoelectron
spectroscopy, and high-resolution transmission electron microscopy
were used to investigate the microstructure of chromium oxide
- Varying oxygen flux changed the coating
microstructure; as with increasing oxygen flux the chromium oxide
coating undergoes amorphous- to- crystalline transformation.
- The coating developed strong texture at
higher oxygen flux.
- Hardness, elastic modulus, wear
resistance, and adhesion were investigated by nanoindentation and
- With changes in the coating microstructure
as a function of increased oxygen flux, hardness, elastic modulus,
and wear resistance were improved, but its adhesion was weakened.
- Hydrated chromium oxide is permanent, but
chromium oxide is more stable and is one of the most permanent
pigments an artist uses.
- It will not react with hydrochloric acid
or with sodium hydroxide.
- Though chomium oxide green is
not a serious health hazard, it can cause irritation of the skin and
eyes, and can cause nausea and other problems if ingested.
- It also can cause respiratory
problems when dust is inhaled.
- It is not a fire hazard, and does not
readily react with other materials.
- Ceramic chrome oxide is dense, corrosion
for resistance to wear by abrasive grains, hard surfaces, particle
- Coatings are insoluble in acids, alkalis
and alcohol, some common applications are: pump seal areas, grounds,
rolls and wear rings.
- Chromium LLP announced earnings results
for the six months ended June 30, 2011.
- The company reported revenue of $115.1
million against $104.5 million for the same period a year ago,
profit was $26.2 million against $16.1 million for the same period a
Entrepreneur who want the information such as
General, Suppliers, Product,
Process, Uses, Company,
about Chrome Oxide can email
Primary Information Services
21 Murugappan St, SwamyNagar Ext2,
Ullagaram, Chennai - 600091, India.
Phone: 91 44 22421080
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
9444008898 Fax : 91 44 22423753