General, Suppliers, Product, Process, Application, Company,
Consultancy, Reports, MSDS, Study
Primary Information Services
- Dichlorophenols are any of several
chemical compounds which are derivatives of phenol containing two
- Dichlorophenols are used as
intermediates in the manufacture of more complex chemical compounds,
including the common herbicide 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid.
- 2,4-Dichlorophenol is a clorinated derivative
of phenol with the molecular formula C6H4Cl2O.
- 2,4-DCP is used primarily as an intermediate
in the preparation of the herbicide 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid .
- Sludge was obtained from the wastewater and
standard isolation and identification techniques were used to identify
- The biodegradability was tested at
temperatures of 25, 30, 35 and 40°C and at ph values of 6.5, 7.0 and
- The results indicated that the isolated
microorganism was Pseudomonas alcaligenes,the maximum concentration of
2,4-dichlorophenol which bacteria can grow on before uv irradiation was
220 and 380 mg/l after uv-irradiation.
- The variation in temperature values resulted
in different degradation rates and that the degradation of
2,4-dichlorophenol increased at a higher pH value. From these results,
it is concluded that P.alcaligenes can be used for the degradation of
dichlorophenol, uv-irradiation can be successfully used for the
improvement of P. alcaligenes
biodegradability and that the best 2,4-dichlorophenol biodegradation was
at 35°C and ph 7.
- Dichlorophenol purposes for organic synthesis
intermediates, mainly used in the manufacture of herbicides and straw
Dan DP Fungicide, nitrogen synergist,as an organic synthesis
intermediate. For drug benefit uric acid synthesis.
- 2,4-Dichlorophenol is a chemical used in the
production of antiseptics, bactericides, disinfectants and fungicides.
- The type and severity of symptoms varies
depending on the amount of chemical involved and the nature of the
- Chlorinated phenols are of environmental
concern because of their high toxicity and wide distribution due to
anthropogenic inputs from industrial wastes, degradation of chlorinated
pesticides and the use of pent-
achlorophenol as a wood preservative
- DCP and other chlorinated phenols have a very
strong ‘medicinal’ flavor and are detectable by the human palette in
extremely small quantities.
- Compounds such as DCP can become concentrated
in processed dairy products such as cheese, butter, yoghurt and cream.
- Due to the low initial concentration of the
compounds in un-processed milk, detection can be difficult without
skilled personnel performing expensive and time consuming analytical
techniques such as hplc-ms or gc-ms The kinetics of 2,4-DCP adsorption
by Pyr-OS and
ZnCl2-OS was investigated at various initial concentrations of 2,4-DCP.
- Photoreaction mechanisms of
2-chlorophenol, and 2,4,5-trichlorophenol in low-temperature argon
matrices are investigated by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy.
- The observed infrared bands of
photoproducts are assigned with an aid of density-functional-theory
(DFT) calculations,it is used to optimize geometrical structures.
Entrepreneur who want the information such as
Suppliers, Product, Process, Application, Company, Consultancy, Reports,
" about Dichlorophenol
Primary Information Services
21 Murugappan St, SwamyNagar Ext2,
Ullagaram, Chennai - 600091, India.
Phone: 91 44 22421080
Email : email@example.com,
9444008898 Fax : 91 44 22423753