Wet Grinder                                                                    General, Process, Technology, Product, Machinery, Project, Market, Consultants, Report, Suppliers, Company Profiles                                              Primary Information Services                                                   Home. Ordering Information. Contact

                                         Information @ a Glance
General
  • Wet grinder is one of  the most popular and essential items for house wives.
  • There are three types of wet grinders; Stone rotating type wet grinder, Container rotating type wet grinder, Tilting type, both stone and container rotary type wet grinder.
  • The important parts of a wet grinder are Motor, Grinding Stone, Container, Pulley, Belt, Frame and Stand, Vertical stand, Adjustable diverter;  Bearing; Pin plug; Motor; Pulley; Drive Wheel
  • The earlier form of wet grinder called "Attan Kallu" used mechanical energy in which the user has to rotate the top stone called "Kullavi" to grind the medium.
  • The invention of electricity has led to the development of electric-powered wet grinders. By this invention, the powered wet grinders have both the top and the base stone rotating. These electric models were first introduced in restaurants and later moved into the home.

Process & Production

  • The grinding stage consists of two ‘Wet Grinders’, each wet grinder is capable to grind up to 2,500 Kilograms of bottles per hour input, that works out to approximately 2,000 Kilograms of Flakes per hour for each wet grinder of final washed flakes. Therefore for our washing system, both wet grinders are working in parallel to produce flakes, grinding about 3,600 Kilograms of bottles per hour and consequently they are working at 75 percent capacity level.
  • About 1 lakh nos. of Wet grinders are being manufactured every month in India. Out of these around 75,000 nos. are produced in Coimbatore alone. The total turnover of this industry is estimated to be around Rs. 300 crores per annum. Coimbatore cluster’s contribution is around Rs. 225 crores per annum. About 80% of these wet grinders are being sold in the 4 southern states suc asTamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Kerala. Remaining 20% is being sold in the other states of India as well as exported to the countries where Indians are living.

Applications

  • Wet grinders are very popular tools in the South Indian kitchen used to make paste out of soaked grains and lentils.
  •  It is used to grind wet grains.
  • Wet grinder is a home appliance, which is used for preparing the batter, which is the ingredient for idlis and dosas.
  • Higher capacity wet grinders from 3 ltrs onwards are used for commercial purposes like hotels, marriage halls, commercial batter manufacturers, etc.
  • Wet grinders are used in pharmaceutical, chemical and other industries for grinding chemicals, herbs, drugs etc.

Market

  • The demand for table-top wet grinders could be around 15,000 units a month. Wet grinder manufacturing industry in Coimbatore, which accounts for nearly 90 per cent of the market for wet grinders in the country, hopes to witness a 20 percent growth in production once the three-year cluster development project, now in its first year of implementation, is completed.
  • The diagnostic study revealed that the high rate of sales tax at 12.5 %, the major factor affecting this cluster functioning in unorganized sector. The cluster leaders wanted the tax to be reduced for bringing all the members into organized way mode. As a result the Value Added Tax (VAT) on wet grinders was reduced to 4 % from 12.5 % in the State government’s budget.

Report

  • Various types of wet grinders are available in the market starting from 2 ltrs capacity and up to 40 ltrs capacity. Now a days this product is becoming a necessary home appliance in South India.
  • Wet grinders are manufactured on order basis as per the requirement of the customers. It was found that though the requirement for domestic wet grinders was limited, for the commercial kitchen appliances used in restaurants had a tremendous scope.

Entrepreneur who want the information on "General, Process, Technology, Product, Machinery, Project, Market, Consultants, Report, Suppliers, Company Profiles " can E-Mail us to informer@eth.net  primaryinfo@gmail.com

Primary Information Services
 21 Murugappan St, SwamyNagar Ext2, 
Ullagaram, Chennai - 600091, India.
 Phone: 91 44 22421080 
Email :
informer@eth.net  primaryinfo@gmail.com
Mobile numbers:9940043898, 9444008898  Fax : 91 44 22423753