Consultants, Market, Companies, Institutions, Feasability, Usage guides
Primary Information Services
- Biodiesel is the name of a clean burning
alternative fuel produced from domestic, renewable resources. Biodiesel
contains no petroleum, but it can be blended at any level with petroleum
diesel to create a biodiesel blend.
- It can be used in compression ignition(diesel)
engines with no major modifications. Biodiesel is simple to use,
biodegradable, nontoxic, and essentially free of sulfur and aromatics.
- Biodiesel is defined as the mono alkyl esters of
long chain fatty acids derived from renewable liquid feedstocks, such as
vegetable oils and animal fats for use in diesel engines.
- Biodiesel fuel is made by the
transesterfication of soy or rapeseed triacyglycerides with methanol in
the presence of a strong base catalyst such as sodium hydroxide,
potassium hydroxide, or sodium methoxide.
- In general, the standard storage and handling
procedures used for petroleum diesel can be used for biodiesel. The fuel
should be stored in a clean, dry, dark environment.
- Acceptable storage tank materials include
aluminum, steel, fluorinated polyethylene, fluorinated polypropylene and
teflon. Copper, brass, lead, tin, and zinc should be avoided.
- Total world production of biodiesel in 2004
was more than 2 billion litres with Germany accounting for more than 80%
of the total market. Growth rates in this Member state have been
- Pure biodiesel (B100) in Germany enjoys a 100%
fuel-tax exemption, and is sold in over 1,500 fuelling stations.
- In contrast, a 3,000-gallon tanker shipment
adds only a shipping cost of $1.10 per gallon, but many individuals and
businesses are not equipped to make such large purchases.
- Biodiesel is available anywhere in the U.S.
The National Biodiesel Board (NBB) maintains a list of registered fuel
suppliers as well as petroleum distributors and retail fueling sites.
- One of the largest factors inhibiting the
widespread use of biodiesel has been its high price relative to
- Currently, World Energy, the United States’
largest distributor of biodiesel, holding about 75% of the market, adds
a $90 shipping fee to each 55-gallon shipment, which means adding $1.63
per gallon additional charge.
Entrepreneur who want
the informations on "General, Production,
Consultants, Market, Companies, Institutions, Feasability, Usage guides"
can E-Mail us to
21 Murugappan St, SwamyNagar
Ullagaram, Chennai - 600091, India.
91 44 22421080 Email :
numbers:9940043898, 9444008898 Fax : 91 44