- Outsourcing is the transfer or delegation to an external service provider the operation and day-to-day management of a business process.
- A call centre or call center is a centralised office used for the purpose of receiving and transmitting a large volume of requests by telephone.
- A call centre is operated by a company to administer incoming product support or information inquiries from consumers.
- Call centres use a wide variety of different technologies to allow them to manage large volumes of work. These technologies facilitate queueing and processing of calls, maintaining consistent work flow for agents and creating other business cost savings.
- Call center technology also has the standardizing effect of making quite similar performance metrics available to call center managers.
- The typical call center reports a total turnover rate of 20% per year. This includes promotions, voluntary quits, retirements and dismissals.
- Call centers are a booming industry and today’s youngsters are merrily lapping up the opportunity to earn a good buck while still in college.
- The fastest growing verticals for call centre services will be the public sector, healthcare, outsourcing, entertainment, and utilities.
Reasons for Gaining Attention
- Some of the reasons for call centre India gaining such a lot of attention is because of the reason that majority of the population of the country are educated.
- Another thing is that India comes second when it comes to the country having the largest English speaking population, the first being the US. Also, due to the difference in the time zones, especially that of India and the US, large corporations are assured that their customers get 24 hours service.