- Black pepper is one of the oldest
Black pepper is the dried, mature but
unripe berry (fruit) of Piper nigrum.
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum) is a flowering vine in
the family Piperaceae.
- The word "pepper" is derived from the Sanskrit pippali.
Production & Cultivation
Black pepper is the most pungent and
flavorful of all types of peppers and it is available as whole or
cracked peppercorns or ground into powder.
- Black pepper is produced from the still-green unripe berries of
the pepper plant.
- Black pepper is grown under a variety
of agricultural schemes ranging from home gardens, mixed crops in coffee
plantations and monocrops on slopes and in valleys.
Majority of the black pepper fields are now cultivated
with land races or with the most popular hybrid variety, ‘Panniyur-1.
- The process for sterilization of
whole black pepper is a potential process and would help the Indian
Spice exporters to achieve a competitive edge other their counterparts
from other pepper growing country.
- Black and white pepper are processed
in the factory by cleaning, grinding, and packaging.
- The fresh grinding of the black
pepper is one of the most important steps to impart the goodness of our
newly developed product.
- London Researchers have found that a
key component in black pepper, known as piperine, can help in developing
new treatments for curing
- Coarse Black Pepper Often used in
meat processing to help preserve the meat while curing.
- Black pepper has an ability to
diminish the amount of gas in the intestinal tract.
- India is a major producer and
exporter of black pepper.
Brazil is the third largest producer of pepper in the
world after Vietnam and India contributing 13% to total world
- Black pepper prices on the
national commodity exchanges are expected to rule higher in the short
term on continued buying amid tight supply scenario in the global
- Global pepper consumption
is trending upwards because of increasing use in food industry. The
study conducted by IPC suggests that the world pepper consumption is
growing at a rate of 3.46% per year.
US is the major importer of Pepper which contributes
nearly 23% to the total world Imports with annual growth rate of nearly
Entrepreneur who want the information
on "General Information, Cultivation, Extraction
Process, Production, Technology, Applications, Management, Product,
Project, Patent, Consultants, Company Profiles,
Reports, Market" can E-Mail us to