- Poly vinyl chloride is not a new name in chemicals. It has a huge number of applications; one of its applications is in PVC solvent cement, which is used to fit the joints, basically the lap joints.
- PVC cements should be used for PVC pipe and fittings .PVC solvent cement is fast drying and must be applied as quickly as
possible. PVC solvent cements have a limited shelf life and should be stored at a temperature between 40° and 70° F.Solvent cement is unsuitable for use if it exhibits any sign of gelation.
- A solvent is any "compound with a strong capability to dissolve a given substance. The most common petroleum solvents are mineral spirits, xylene, toluene, hexane, heptane, and naphthas. Aromatic-type solvents have the highest solvency for organic chemical materials, followed by naphthenes and paraffins. In most applications the solvent disappears, usually by evaporation, after it has served its purpose.
- Solvent cement refers to any substance inorganic or organic synthetic that is capable of bonding other substances together by surface attachment.
Craftics Solvent Cement and Thickened Cement are high-quality, low-cost adhesives that are widely used by fabricators all over the US.
PVC and ABS pipe are normally used for Drain, Waste and Vent (DWV) systems.
- The polymer gets attached with the joints & gives good strength. It is used in construction units for joining pipes, pipe fittings which are widely used in agriculture for transporting water and in PVC furniture industry. Production of all sorts of PVC pipes has increased tremendously in the recent years. So in order to see the consumption production of PVC pipes and other items, PVC solvent cement production should be high as it gives the perfect shapes smooth surface, color & size to the PVC joints.
- PVC Solvent Cements are intended for use on irrigation, natural gas pipe and conduit pipe. All are NSF certified for use in potable water, sewer, and drain, waste and vent systems and should be applied at temperatures 40°F. to 100°F.
All of Harvey’s PVC Solvent Cements are intended for use on irrigation, natural gas pipe and conduit
pipe. PVC Cement is a regular bodied, fast set PVC solvent cement designed for use on PVC pressure pipe and fittings.
- Solvent cements contain chemicals which dissolve the surface of the PVC, softening it. Solvent Cements for
Poly (Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Plastic Piping Systems.” Since they are available in a wide range of viscosities and wet film thicknesses, the nature of the particular project must be considered when trying to decide between a regular, medium, or heavy-bodied cement.
- Most forms of PVC conduit, duct, and fittings are meant to be assembled or joined by means of
solvent- cementing of the integral bells or PVC couplings. Durapipe PVC-U One-Step Solvent Cement eliminates the need for abrading on new pipe and fittings, and can save as much as 25% on installation times.
Entrepreneur who want
the information on General, Technology, Applications, Patent, Products, Consultants, Company Profiles,
Reports, Market can E-Mail us to